Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Christmas Eve

My Grandmother has been hosting a Christmas Eve gathering at her house every year for over 45 years! That's an amazing tradition. Christmas Eve's of past used to be filled with anywhere from 30-40 people and included fun rituals like angel/devil gifts. But, everything has it's cycle and not even Christmas Eve traditions are exempt from the law of change. Numbers have dwindled over the years as the elder generation has aged, cousins have married and people have moved to distant places.

So, my Grandma decided that this year, it would be a very casual, mellow affair at noon rather than the evening/night. For the first time in many many years, my family did not take the customary trek home on Christmas Eve night. I can't say I'm SAD about it--it is what it is. Change is never easy, but sometimes torches need to be passed and new traditions forged. I'll always remember those Christmas Eves, though, and I hope to set the same example with my children. :) Willow and Aunt Sara.


Autumn loves to stand up! I think it makes her feel as big as her sister!


Nothing beats Daddy's lap.


Lunch!


Willow doesn't mind getting her picture taken anymore--she just likes to stick her tongue out or make a face. I'm sure it's a normal phase (my mom has evidence it was a phase for me). But...c'mon...throw your mom a bone once in a while!!

1 comment:

ap8years said...

Hi Jenn! It's Kris Beanblossom Savitsky. Trent shared your blog with us because he thought we shared some of the same parenting ideas/philosophies. Ken was telling him about how we like to babywear and how we do attachment parenting and he thought that sounded just like you guys. Your babes are beautiful and seem so happy and healthy. I hope you're not a lonely soul in Indy looking for other APers. I feel totally updated on you now that I've read some of your blog, but I'd love to update you on us. I'm not sure how a blog works, but I suspect it's better done over e-mail. I'd love to hear from you. kris2293@hotmail.com

Again, truly beautiful babes and such a lovely family! Kris