Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Surrender Moment

Willow called me over to her easel the other day to show me something she had drawn--her very first FACE!! I was, as I'm sure every mother is, thrilled with this achievement and was determined to frame it and give it the coveted spot above the mantle. But, au contraire mamy! Willow had other plans for it. Plans that included scribbling (notice how we went from masterful art to scribbling so quickly?) all over the face with new, less impressive circles and lines. I couldn't believe that her very first drawing of a recognizable face would forever be buried beneath a jumbled (yet colorful) mess.

So brings me to the point of the heading--I had to surrender, as I'm finding I must do on a daily basis nowadays. Although it may irk me at times, I cannot (and probably should not attempt to) capture every "first." There are just too many to count. Not to mention, in my quest to preserve and attach, I miss out on enjoying for that moment, although brief, the miracle and specialness of it ALL. I'm sure many more "Surrender" moments will come, and I will try to post them at times (I know, I know, a meager attempt to preserve and attach at least the MEMORY!!).

So below is a picture of another face Willow drew today. I managed to convince the artist to pause long enough for a photo. I think she was happy I captured it as well. I know she will be years later :)


No comments: