I don't know what it is about the end of November, but it always seemed to be an auspicious time of year for me. For one thing, Matt and I met 11 years ago this week--the beginning of many special events in my life. We also found out we were pregnant with Autumn during this week last year, and moved into our first home on Thanksgiving Day.
I would hate to speculate that my favorable Novembers have come to pass, but this year, November has brought forth a few more challenges. My father fell and broke his arm this week, my daughter is miserable with her top teeth trying to make their debut, and my friend and roommate from college just lost her father in a plane crash.
Regardless of what is in store during this time of year, November always provides a day of thankful meditation. A day to reflect on all that you have and to be mindful of your gratitude. My feelings transcend all words--as they do every year. Matt and I often look at each other and wonder what in the world we did to deserve all this (this sweet sentiment is always followed by sheer panic over the fact that we have not remotely given back in the same proportion to what we have taken in this life!).
Thanks to all of you who fill our lives. Many blessings to you.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment