Monday, July 28, 2008

Santa Claus Land, revisited

What's a summer without a trip to Santa Claus Land? Nothing like marinating in your sweat while listening to Frosty the Snowman!

We had a great time with extended family, and I was so psyched Matt could join us this year. Why should I have all the fun?

This year was especially fun since Willow is not only big enough, but brave enough, to ride the adult rides! I rode a few of the nostalgia rides--a throwback to my childhood when we were season pass holders to Six Flags in New Jersey! I took Willow on the Scrambler (forgot how fast that one went!), the Tilt-A-Whirl (a little tougher on the post-kids belly) and the White River Rapids. Matt and Sara braved some of the roller coasters. I have a harder time with those since having kids--falls under the "unnecessary risk" category for me ;)

The Grand Experiment--Autumn's first ride. I actually have video of my brother and I riding this ride when we were kids. Yup, same place...same exact ride. Safety records anyone?!?

How is she going to react? Is she going to love it? Is she going to cry and try to climb out? Is her reaction going to be bad enough that the operator needs to cut all the other kiddos' ride short to get her off?

Nope, she LOVED it! Should have known--my little daredevil! She thought she was hot stuff!

Loved this one too!

A quick soak to escape the 95+ degree weather.

Feel soooo much better.

Santa Claus land has a huge water park as well. Virtual trip to the ocean!

Willow, Autumn and Rachel after they discovered the creek was shallow enough to lie down in.

This is the new "cheese"--I'm not sure where it came from, but this is the response you get when you solicit a smile.

More fun rides. We have a small video of this too. Willow is laughing the WHOLE time!

Strapping in for her first BIG GIRL ride.

Cousin Taylor and Willow preparing to get wet.

The aftermath. We all survived. I wish I had a water-proof camera. There were a few good moments on this ride. Willow and Rachel were nervous but SO proud they went on.

This is a mini-me version of the ride that shoots you up and drops you over and over. The kids loved it (as did us adults). I could never go on the adult-one without truly losing my stomach. This is a nice balance--not too much but enough to get the point. Sara and Matt rode a few times :)

Santa...ho ho ho. Santa...ho ho ho. Santa...ho ho ho. We're still hearing this from Autumn!

No comments: