Sunday, March 23, 2008

Birthday

As I mentioned before, I think Willow's birthday was a success (and it's definitely a relief now that it's over!). We, of course, took tons of photos and some great video, but I won't inundate you at this time! If I'm in the same abode as my video camera and plug the next time I feel like blogging (remember, we're keeping up with 3 residences!), I'll upload some great video.

We did a book exchange again this year. Rather than having the other kids give gifts, they each bring a used book and get to take someone else's book as a party favor! It works really well. The trick is that I bring about 4 or 5 books so the last child to pick has a selection from which to choose. Kids love getting new books, the earth loves recycling and parents especially love passing off the books they have been reading a million and one times and are done reading!

"My friend George"

Even though we said no gifts, Lily COULD NOT resist. She told her mom that Willow MUST receive the Island Barbie Princess video. Lily insisted that THAT was the video she wanted to give Willow so Laura, bless her heart, went looking for it. Nobody knew whether it even existed! Luckily, and not surprisingly, Laura found a video that was about Barbie, princesses and an island! I don't even think Willow knew who Barbie was until now! Must have been discussed on the playground at school!

Moses happy with his selection.

The "how much are you like Willow?" game. Very simple--you ask the kids questions that apply to Willow (i.e., if you have brown eyes...if you have a sister...) and the kids get to move up a line if it also applies the them! The finish line is their seat at the table!

Autumn and my cousin's daughter, Taylor.

Willow and the impossible pinata! Autumn even took some shots, but to no avail. Jay finally dug some deep holes and the kids made some progress. Ultimately, the pinata ended in a "candy shower" where Matt and Jay just dumped the candy on the kids. They loved it!


The most well-behaved, patient, joyful kids I've had the pleasure of throwing a party for!

Eatin' time!

No comments: