I have complete writer's block today. Believe it or not, I'm still recovering from a night out on Saturday. Age. What can I say?
Maybe I'll just do a leftbrained-like enumeration of what we've been up to.
Matt:
Loving the part-time. He's been getting loads of time in with his two sidekicks. It's really great to see the bond they have. It's also great to come home and see the ways in which they play together--a bit different than with me. He hasn't had much time for writing these days, but he does manage to squeeze a bit of studying in for the GRE--particularly the math portion. For those of you who don't know him, he's an ace in the verbal department and a little more needy in the math. Nothing some studying can't remedy, we hope! It really is too bad there's no "spousal support" option where he can take the language and I can take the math!
Willow:
Growing and gutsy is how I might describe her today. She is loving school, which makes everyone happy. Her teachers have good reports on her when we go to pick her up. Preschool is giving her lots of confidence, which is evident on the playground. She constantly wants to take risks I'm not all-too thrilled with her taking. Keeps me up at night when I think about the times I'm not there to "mediate" the risk! She also continues to be a fantastic big sis.
Autumn:
Rae is her middle name--RAdiance, RAY of light, RAY a drop of golden sun (mixed in with a bit of the sun's heat!). She sweet most of the time, but man that girl has some gumption! She's growing up into her own little person and, Matt and I have to bite our lips in an attempt not to laugh. She's doing well most of the time, and when she's not, you can USUALLY find a reason (gas, teeth, etc.). Every now and then, it's just to explore being a pest!
Me:
Well, I'm just coming off of a wonderful weekend of prenatal yoga training with the awesome, Lisa Matkin. It was uplifting, emotional, interesting and physically challenging. Lisa did a great job connecting with us, and drawing out the feminine, emotional side to us. Giving birth and parenting is a real difficult time for most women. It brings up our past upbringing, and any issues with our parents or other relationships. Our kids are our true yogis/yoginis--reflecting back to us what we need to see in ourselves--some of which makes us cringe. It's a special time and I really hope to, someday, work with women during this time.
Now off to a whirlwind weekend in California. More on that when we return!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment