Monday, the day BEFORE the snowstorm, turned out to be one of my more challenging days--I didn't have much break time over the weekend, the girls decided Monday would be a no-sleep day, and the big snow storm was looming to the West, ready to ensure a few more days stuck inside.
I did my best to fend off the winter blues by visiting friends, making a trip to the video store and gettting the girls outside to play (see pictures below). Old Man Winter proved to be a formidable opponent and ultimately succeded in bringing me to tears.
I think the breaking point came when I had FINALLY managed to get Autumn to drift off to sleep in my arms, just to be jarred awake by screams coming from the living room. I rushed in (with a, now, screaming Autumn) to find Willow's head and arm stuck in the sink of her kitchenette set. She had crawled under the sink, taken out the bucket that served as the sink, and was attempting to crawl up through the (very small) hole. After much negotiation to get her to calm down, I managed to unstick Willow. This was the tip, the icing, the straw, the cherry on top of all the other small chops and nics slowly chipping away at my sanity.
So what does someone do when they have officially *lost* it? Well, she calls her girlfriend and leaves a message to the sort, packs up the girls and car and, despite the impending storm, drives to her mom's house! It was a much needed retreat--Aunt Deb, Aunt Sara, Grandma and Papa all came to the rescue.
The snow came, we played, and then, anticipating the cabin fever about to set in at Grandma's house, I packed the girls up, drove EXTRA slowly, and made it home before the remaining 3-4 inches plus ice. Now we are home, refreshed, and looking forward to the time when we can head out again. I'm thinking maybe we'll head out to...Hawaii?
No comments:
Post a Comment