Friday, September 29, 2006

Happenings

Well, a lot has happened over the past few weeks, although nothing too noteworthy--just the ordinary (yet extraordinary) day-to-day happenings. Here's an update:

--Took the girls to the doctor. Willow, not surprisingly, is in the 90% for height and 50% for weight. Whereas Autumn...the 60% for height and 90% for weight!!!

--There really is nothing like taking your child Halloween costume shopping for the first time. It's not the first Halloweend-- Willow was a pumpkin one year (a borrowed costume), and Autumn's costume for this year is awfully cute; but they are not the same experience as going through the racks of the secondhand store and choosing an outfit WITH your daughter. She wanted to be just about everything she saw! We settled on an outfit and, I must say, she looks ADORABLE!! She is asking to wear it every day now! Pics will come closer to Halloween.

--Matt and I are doing well considering the new-found sleep deprivation and hurricane-esque house. I think we forgot how hard it really is! We still manage to fit in an episode of Lost each night--just to feel somewhat normal. We have the Season 2 finale left!! I wish we had more. We do have some "date nights" set up for this week and next weekend. Looking forward to it--even though they are restricted to 2 hour evenings since we haven't gotten Autumn on a bottle yet.

--We have received so many wonderful and creative gifts (outfits from Stu and Leslie, Shade, and the Pucketts, gift certificate from Lena, beautiful hand-knitted blanket from Cherylann, tree planted from Scott and Jen, bear from Steve--just to name a few) and I apologize profusely for the delay in thank yous! Despite the baby and toddler, there really is no excuse and I'm sorry.

Time with Autumn is really flying. I can't believe she is 7 weeks! I'll post pictures as soon as I get some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for writing this blog. I love it!