Matt: "...a break from work!"
Matt has been working 'round the clock for the past 3 months. So much for the part-time concept! We knew these moments (or shall we call them eras?) would come--the cycles of the law firm job. The busy times are just so awful, however, that it throws everything out of balance. Living is replaced by stress and time is replaced by fogginess. We are so grateful to have the employment at this time, but it doesn't make the crazy work much easier.
Jen: "...inspiration!"
Despite the fact that my family is not exchanging Christmas presents this year, I still feel the holiday pinch for time. Each year I make a photo book for us and others, depicting the girls' lives for the year. Usually it is a labor of love--a time where I get to sit with all the photos, and relish in the memories. Usually the theme and content pour off of my fingers and onto the pages. This year, my theme of "abundance" came readily, but the writing was a struggle. I'm fairly happy with the end result, but am not moved for some reason. Also looking to drum up a little more Christmas Spirit. My yoga classes help, as do the kids' activities and excitment. I am most looking forward to Christmas Eve morning when we are having a house full of friends over for brunch.
Willow: "...friends."
Willow's peers are beginning to emerge as important people in her little life. She is constantly asking to play with friends, and drums up fantasy playdates. For example, she and Lillian are going to see a movie all by themselves, and Nora is going to spend 3 nights over at our house. She is also trying to hook me up with her school friends' parents, as she knows playdates are less likely to happen when the mommies and daddies aren't friends! In one sense, this newfound movement of friends toward the center of Willow's universe is very sweet, and I am aware of its inevitability; but I can't help but feel a small sense of sadness...and dread!
Autumn: "...constant Mommy and Daddy attention."
Well, I may have the 4 year old breaking away, but I still have the 2 year old for whom Mommy is queen! I am definitely appreciating it more this time around! Autumn is doing an amazing job going to bed herself, but we are certain to get a few call-outs before she settles. First it's water, then it's socks, then it's her blanket, then, finally, it's another song/story/cuddle. Matt and I try not to indulge too much, but when she wants a little more time with us, it's hard to resist. Her new favorite thing to say "mommy turnround...mommy turnround!" I love it!
Our House: "...a new floor!"
Considering the fact that the house hasn't sold, and that we are living in it indefinitely, we are updating our floor now so we can enjoy the improvement. Prior to putting the house on the market, we laid 2 new tile floors--and then proceeded to be bummed that we hadn't done it earlier. So...we are set to rip up the ugly, old, green carpet in our family room (that we've hated since we bought it), and are installing new, beautiful bamboo flooring. Can't wait!
The world: "...love!"
Constantly praying for peace and love. I never watched the news, rather took to reading selected news on the web. Later I reduced that to just reading the headlines, and now find even the headlines too much. I am fully aware of the wide-range of events that happen around the world so, rather than knowing all the details, I'd rather start each day with a clear head and a meditation on metta--sending supreme love out there. Care to join me?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment