Wow. Not since my blog's inception in December 2005 can I remember going so long without posting. Many things are contributing to this dry spell:
1. Politics- While the amount of time I devote to politics still pales in comparison to many, the recent events and impending election compel me to spend computer time reading nytimes.com. I especially love the op eds and editorials (including all of the crazy comments!). Crazy is how I best explain this time in history. You can fill in the blank with so many words in the crazy____ category...crazy-scary, crazy-people, crazy-campaigning, crazy-dumb, crazy-craziness...
2. Facebook- My recent introduction to facebook has replaced my time on the blog. Instead of posting pics here, I'm busily posting pics on my facebook page. Different audience I guess. Not to mention it feels more instantaneous. I realize now, however, that I have built a pretty good record here; a journal, of sorts, that is getting sidelined by it's temporary, more vacuous stepsister. I've linked my blog to my facebook--getting the best of both worlds I guess!
3. Working mom- While I am not logging sufficient enough hours to be deemed truly a "working mother", my three yoga classes have taken up significant enough time that my blog has suffered. Suffered, admittedly, for a good "cause"!
4. Gypsy-livin'- Our homelessness is soon to come to a *temporary* end. We are moving back into our house the beginning of October. We did what we could this summer to sell it but, alas, the market and universe have other plans for us. Amazingly, I'm feeling pretty content at the moment, and am even looking forward to being back in our home. Lemonade anyone?
Well, the above mixed with all the usual day to day busy-ness is why I have neglected my blog. Soon, I hope, to engage in what I've heard referred to as a "photo dump" of the rest of our summer pics. Then, maybe, I can get back to blogging in real time!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment