Sunday, August 17, 2008

Easy Rider

Willow FINALLY received her birthday present--a new bike. As we suspected, given that we're a little late on the imaginary-developmental-timeline-for-when-to-introduce-the-next-milestone, Willow popped right up on that bike and took off!

To our dismay, however, she did pick out the "Disney Princess" bike. We prided ourselves on the fact that our four year old did not know a single Disney princess. But, alas, moving in temporarily with the grandparents has built some not-so-temporary new loves. I did, however, insist that she pick out a princess-free helmet (and, no, she couldn't replace her choice with a Dora helmet!). Plain, but pretty, flowers.

Despite the latest princess-ad nauseum, Willow still refers to Cinderella as Priscilla. And, believe me, Matt and I are not quick to correct. It's much better this way!


Tour de Driveway preparations.

The younger on her own bike.

And she's off!

Be sure to watch out for ANYTHING in your way--especially your sister!

Proud accomplishment. "Now when do I get the training wheels off?" (direct quote, 10 minutes into the joy ride!).

No comments: