Thursday, October 18, 2007

And They're Off!

Hunt, Bella, Cory, Jate (the dog), and Leap (the cat) are finally on their way to Grass Valley, CA! My guess is they're somewhere in Utah by now!

It was a tearful but exciting good-bye. We are definitely sad to see them go. Evey time I see a green van in the neighborhood I think "maybe this is Hunt!" But, alas, they are gone for a long while. I'm not sure how much Willow understands about the permanency of it. We'll see over the next few weeks when it dawns on her that we can't go to Bella and Hunt's house!

Hunt and I have been friends for over a decade--all the while I've lived in Bloomington, Chicago, and Portland and she's lived in Portland, northern CA, and Indy. So my guess is this move won't change much except for proximity. I will miss the arrival of the new baby :( We plan to reconnect next July.

All the best to them on their new adventure!Two of the three sisters at, of all places, Three Sisters Cafe.

Aya and Willow playing some sort of game with the jellies.

Bella joining in the fun.

Feeding the ducks and geese (and managing to keep the kids from heading into the water themselves!).

A leisurely walk (Autumn's favorite activity as of late!).

Duck watching.

Anabelle, Willow and Mona discovering that MaryAnna's couch makes for a nice gymnastics prop!

Willow gave Bella a book of the two of them that I put together on Shutterfly. It was a labor of love--some of the pics dated back to when they were just 7 months! We had tons of photos documenting their growth together. We know they'll continue to grow up together, just not 4 blocks away from each other!

No comments: