I'm currently sitting in one of my favorite spots--my brother's haight street apartment in San Francisco. For the first time I can remember, the San Fran summer chill isn't even bothering me, given we have just left a few days of sweltering 3 digit temps. As we enter our final week of our trip out West (many many many pics to come), I thought I'd jot a few things down:
Firstly, I'm wondering if I'm an urban girl at heart. I know that I suffer from grass-is-always-greener syndrome (and usually act upon it!), but I love the city. I love not having a car, I love the hustle and bustle, the many people and activities, walking to the store or a restaurant or a park. It may just be that I haven't been able to enjoy having a yard, growing a garden, etc. since we've moved so often and I've had young babes. Not really sure, but I'm loving the city right now!
The girls have grown, thrived and adapted on our trip. We are now in our 4th place and 4th different sleeping arrangement. Aside from the things we'd be experiencing whether at home or away (i.e. new teeth, 3 and a half year old syndrome, toothache...) we are better for the travels!
We've been blessed MANY times over with great family and friends. This trip has only confirmed that sentiment. We've enjoyed this trip with Indy, CA, and Oregon family and friends--how spoiled are we?
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment