Saturday, December 01, 2007

Tidbits

I have a backlog of photos to post, but am feeling a bit lazy at the moment. So just a few tidbits on us for the time being:

Autumn (aka "big-things-come-in-small-packages")--what a personality on this one! She acts like a big kid more and more each day. A few days ago, I was sitting on the couch with her--her feet were kicked up onto my lap, and she was blowing bubbles in her water (in a "big girl" cup). As I'm writing this, she is finally getting her wish to watch an Oompah Loompah medley Matt found on YouTube. She sings "oompah oompah oompah" while shaking her head and hands.

Willow (aka "you-never-know-what-you're-gonna-get")--many delightful moments in the midst of mood swings. She is blossoming both in independence and ability. She proudly writes her name now, and practices very hard to improve her gymnastic skills. She is also quite social--something I think school has helped with. Yesterday while visiting my mother at my former high school, Willow proceeded to fill my history teacher in on the details of her cold, her sore nose, and how the soreness is from continuously wiping her nose on her sleeve. As I'm writing this, she is tattling on her little sis. Nothing new!!

The Parents (aka "who-wears-the-pants-around-here?")--things are good for us. Looking for the next move--the what and the where. Saw a post for a yoga teacher opening at a retreat center in Costa Rica--did my fair share of daydreaming! As I am a very process-oriented person, I enjoy the search and explore. Hopefully it matches well with Matt's result-oriented tendency :)

Others (aka "friends-in-(high and)-low places")--my grandmother is home from a 3 week stint at the hospital. Home in time to celebrate her 84th birthday! My aunt is finishing up her chemo and is set to begin radiation. Congrats to our friends Scott and Jen due with a baby girl (their first!), and congrats to our friend, Chris Stack, set to begin his 4-year stint on One Life To Live (he's playing a doctor--go figure!--so even if you're like me and not a soap fan, check him out starting this Monday).

No comments: