Monday, April 09, 2007

UpChucago

Ok, so the title is a bit silly, but true! Once again, a visit to Chicago managed to bring on some sort of vomiting from Willow (see 4 Days 3 Tantrums 2 Spencers and 1 Piece of Chocolate Cake). Except Willow spared a hotel bed and waited until she was positioned just so over a rug Matt and I bought and lugged back from INDIA!!

Matt is under the weather too. His gut (just full of puns today:) ) tells him it's food-borne. Willow and Matt shared 2 meals yesterday that I didn't have any of. It's hard to say, though. I'm not one to get the stomach flu as it is (universe, I'm grateful, so please don't take this as a challenge or jinx!).

We had a terrific time, nonetheless. I'll post some pictures soon. It was, as usual, a whirlwind tour--Friday night through Sunday afternoon. But we managed a few visits--the Barnetts (whom Willow dubbed her "other family" as we were leaving yesterday!), Aunt Nancy, the Rosens and their new twins, and Eric and Tamara. We missed lots of others, but we'll catch up soon.

I was fortunate enough to catch a meditation from the guru-preceptor of the Kriya Temple in Chicago (it's where I received my yoga certification from). My teacher, Dave, introduced me to Sri Goswami Kriyananda--a very sweet and gentle man, who was in from Europe. I REALLY needed and appreciated the meditation too! All about contentment, joy, expansion....

Well, pics to come! I just have to tend a bit more to my sickies :(

No comments: