Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Kids say the darndest....
So, we've really enjoyed the expansion of Willow's talking and love when she picks up new things. Lately, she has been asking us if we remember certain people or events--'Member Ryan and Daniel? 'Member Ruby (their dog)? 'Member the park...? It's especially cute when she misuses a word. For instance, everything that occurred in the past is "yesterday". She says "Daddy, I ate blueberries yesterday" when really she ate them this morning. Misuses are cute, except in one instance. She understands what the word "other" means but does not understand the word's appropriate placement. Instead of saying "where is daddy's other cup", she says "where is other daddy's cup?" As you can see, this has gotten me into a bit of trouble as Matt repeatedly asks "Willow, who is this 'other daddy' that you keep referring to?" Usually I just roll my eyes and go along with whatever I was doing, but Matt has been fairly relentless :). Redemption finally came, however, when Willow FINALLY referred to "other mommy." Hah, I guess we're even.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment